I have to say, that it feels really great knowing that I’ve developed friendships in the blogging community. A lovely women, Lauren at The Life of Lauren, nominated several wonderful bloggers for The Sunshine Award, and I was one of them!
As part as being nominated for The Sunshine Award, I must answer some questions!
1. Tell us about your blog in one paragraph.
I started my blog to help build confidence and to help remember to take time out for me. My blog is about my life as a mom, wife, and more. I try to take a different approach with my blog as a parent. I like to say, “Parenthood. It isn’t all sweet lullabies and giggling rainbows. It can be raw, intense, and dramatic. Luckily, it can be insanely hilarious too! Parenting moments that make you say, ‘Oh … MOTHER fluff it!'”
2. What is your most favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
One of my most favorite things about blogging is self-expression. I truly enjoy writing and feeling creative. The least favorite thing about blogging is writers’ block. I try to stay active; however, my brain tends to have a lot of farts.
3. You’re having a fabulous dinner party. Which three celebrities would invite and why?
First, without a doubt, would be Britney Spears. I’m not ashamed! I’m a total Britney Spears fan. Why? Simple. I love her. Second, I would invite Amy Poehler. She is kick ass funny and a strong woman. The last celebrity I would invite would be Aaron Taylor Johnson. He is such an amazing actor … and cute.
4. You are giving a motivational speech to a captive audience of thousands. What are you speaking about? It would be about living with depression, primarily Postpartum Depression. I believe there is a stigma with mental illnesses and there shouldn’t be.
5. Tell us three really random things about you. 1. I can make a 3 leaf clover with my tongue.
2. I am ambidexturous.
3. I have four tattoos – one of them has 15 pieces.
6. For one month, your blog can only be read by men. Give us a small sampling of what you’d write. Oh dear God. I guess boobs, ass, beer, and trucks.
7. Show us a silly or quirky picture of you from when you are younger.
I’m the pumpkin. Do I need to say more?
8. Does your immediate family and your close friends know that you blog? Do they read your blog?
They do know I blog, but I think my mom and a couple of my friends actually read it.
9. Generations after you’ve passed your grandchildren discover your blog. What lessons could they learn from your blog?
To learn to appreciate and except who they are. To remember to laugh, even when it’s serious. And, most of all, remember to simply love.
10. Five years from now, are you still blogging? Is your content still the same? What goals have you achieved?
I would really hope that I would still be blogging. My content would be the same; however, mature and grow, as myself and my children grow and mature. I would love to know that I have help mother’s appreciate themselves, love who they are, and reach out if struggling with depression.
Now, it’s my turn to nominate fellow bloggers for The Sunshine Award!! The reasons I am nominating these people are for different reasons: I find their blog inspirational, I can relate to who they are or their story, they are simply hilarious, and wonderful bloggers and people.